Pages

Tuesday 1 December 2015

Kapahaka Spark Performance

When the bus arrived to our school our kapa haka group were heading off to Spark I was one of them, I felt excited when we got on the bus the driver straight away started the engine, well on the way there everybody were singing any kind of songs that they knew.

I was getting quite annoyed but I didn't do anything or say anything, I just enjoyed the ride on the way to Spark, it was a kind of long ride but it was quite fun not really when we got there I was so amazed of what I was seeing I saw a 7 story building right in front of me.

When both buses were at spark Mrs Nua and Mr Burt put us into our rows of boys and girls well when they told us to get into our rows we straight away did that and headed in the humongous building, down the steps and went into the spot that we needed to be in.

The first thing that we did in that building was when Mr Burt said his speech he said it very well and even in confidence well our first song was Te Atua but first fire paddy would say whakanui e and that was when we would group in together and say our Karakia which is a prayer if you didn't know.

when we sang Te Atua it was kind of long but when we just started singing almost everybody were watching us, when we had finished everyone were applauding and next song was Rona you might not know these songs but just go with it.

Well I don't want to tell you all the songs that we sang so i’m just gonna say one well at the end of all of that singing it was the Haka which is always the last part of our performance I went hard out and I was in the middle also the camera was facing straight at me so I was lucky.

When we went back up the stairs there was food waiting outside it was for a little snack there was quiche, fruit, water to drink and some nice as sandwiches well that was all made from spark and all that made me full.

When we finished eating the two buses were still waiting but before we left all of us got to choose a bag that had a cap and drink bottle inside we were just singing outside the spark building, people were taking photos or videos but finally we went into the bus and headed off.

In the bus it was even louder than before almost everyone was singing songs but I was talking to a boy named falcon he is fire paddy's son he’s a cool guy to meet he gets along really well we were talking on the bus or basicly the whole time.

well when we got back to school we were just like doing the same thing of what we always do but my class were filming for our prizegiving we were doing the whip and nae nae and a dance to a song called call me on my cellphone.


1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic experience you and your kapahaka roopu had at Spark!
    It also sounds that, as well as blessing them, you were HUGELY spoiled with all the food and gifts!
    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete