Pages

Tuesday 8 September 2020

My Culture

 I’m proud to represent my culture, Maori. I enjoy it because my immediate family always represent our culture other than our cousins who don’t usually celebrate it. I would like to show them what it means to believe in your culture and show them how important our culture is. My culture means nearly everything to me.

I love the feeling when the entire group is banded together and performing as one.

Last Saturday me and my family visited a funeral for Maua Pagaialii-Taulu when they were bringing the coffin outside the church my brothers, their friends, my father & me, brought our voices together and performed a haka as loud as a siren.

I wonder where I'd be if I hadn’t known my heritage. I’m proud to be Maori.


This place is very special to me because this is the home of my Maori Heritage, Rukumoana Marae. It’s also where my koro is buried, Ike Samuels.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Toby,

    Thank you for sharing this, it was great to hear your proud for your culture. It is so important to value your culture and I could feel your sense of belonging and community in this post. Ka pai!

    ReplyDelete