Pages

Friday 13 April 2018

FiaFia 2018 Recount

Intro:
What a great night we had last night.
It was really fun, I was so amazed.
Have you ever performed in front of almost 3000 people?


I knew everyone was excited when my brother Noah stood up on the
stage with 4 others standing beside him “Kia ora and welcome to the
2018 Pt England FiaFia!” he said and the crowd went wild, cheering,
shouting, applauding and screaming. Once they had all said their lines
on the sheet of paper given to them they welcomed the first group to
the
stage ‘Mania Ki Te Rangi’, and once again the crowd went wild.
Once 15-19 groups performed it was my groups turn to perform and
shake the stage!

As we were walking onto the stage I was lucky enough to wear my very own pupu out of all the boys because I was leading the haka, as well as the front row of girls. When we performed it felt like we were the best group out of all of them, we sang 2 songs then the haka, the first song was Ko Te Whaea then Te Iwi E then Tika Tonu, it was amazing and everyone cheered my name as soon as the boys came forward and I saw tears in the parents eyes as they saw their kids do the haka! Everyone had an awesome time even though the weather was terrible, “ Thank you and god bless you” they all finished saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment