Pages

Tuesday 17 March 2020

Te Taha ??? (2) - Homework

Te Taha Hingengaro Definition:
Hinengaro symbolises the act of courage. The act of courage is attempting new beginnings, continuously interacting with others, to use your wits and even to stay positive. Courage can take a long time to become natural to a person's life. It took me years to muster enough courage just to order my own food at a fast food restaurant. Every time my Mum would tell me to go off and order my own food I would cry and cry until she would come with me and order for me. Years later, I stepped out of my comfort zone and experienced what was probably the greatest moment in my history, ordering my first burger from Burger King. I then realized it was easy and was embarrassed thinking of the moments years before. Courage is an excellent friend to have it’s what’s made me, well me. I can see this in action when we say the school mihi every morning

Reasons to ensure I am connected to this taha:

I’m very strong in courage, it is one of my many super strengths. I enjoy spelling my courage whenever I can, starting with ordering from fast food restaraunts to leaping off cliffs. It all started in my 6th grade when I was still comfortably cosy in my comfort zone, around term 3 of school I was forced by my mother to order fast food, I cried and cried, until I was threatened with a 5 km run. I sprinted to Mad Mex and ordered in a rush, but after I felt a very heavy burden lift free off my shoulders. I had just witnessed possibly the easiest thing I’d ever done in my life. I burst into a sprint heading for the table where my family sat waiting. I came with a broad grin on my face and my mum knew exactly what I was thinking. Ever since then i’ve been spreading my courage throughout the globe, where I walk my courage speaks.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Toby, it's me Caleb.

    Bro, you went full out on this one. Instead of writing a short explanation on the back of the homework sheet (like me), you went ahead and made this post, which is awesome! Keep up the good work, and i'll see you around.

    Kind Regards
    Caleb, Pt England School

    ReplyDelete