Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2020

Te Taha Hinengaro - Homework

Te Taha Hinengaro Definition: Hinengaro symbolises the act of courage. The act of courage is attempting new beginnings, continuously interacting with others, to use your wits and even to stay positive. Courage can take a long time to become natural to a person's life. It took me years to muster enough courage just to order my own food at a fast food restaurant. Every time my Mum would tell me to go off and order my own food I would cry and cry until she would come with me and order for me. Years later, I stepped out of my comfort zone and experienced what was probably the greatest moment in my history, ordering my first burger from Burger King. I then realized it was easy and was embarrassed thinking of the moments years before. Courage is an excellent friend to have it’s what’s made me, well me. I can see this in action when we say the school mihi every morning.

5 things to ensure I have undying courage:

I have undying courage. Ever since I was in 6th grade of primary i’ve stepped out of my comfort zone and enjoying my life as it should be. I’ve expressed confidence possibly too many times, by standing in front of large crowds, jumping off cliffs, ordering food and truckloads more. At a place named Kaiteriteri there’s a water hole. Two years ago I made my first leap off a cliff face which was around 5-10 metres above the water. Ever since then confidence has flooded me, continuously adding more scoops.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Toby you have made great progress with your courage - very proud of you indeed!
    Imagine what opportunities can happen in the future!
    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete