Pages

Monday 10 August 2020

Yr 8 Camp Highlights

 Yr 8 camp was a blast. It was my favourite camp so far. I made many new friends and had heaps of fun. My three favourite activities were  -


  1. Archery - was AMAZING, I was the first at camp to score a bullseye. I even won an award for support and skill by a really awesome helper at KVCC named Janelle.


  1. Go Karts - The Go Karts were also heaps of fun. I finally got to put my hands on a wheel especially since I've been on every driving lesson my brothers have taken. I nearly beat the record, my time was 42s around a windy track. I loved feeling the power of the small zoomy vehicle.


  1. BMX - BMX was my third favourite because even though you may not think you're capable of achieving then let me prove you wrong. When we did the BMX it was muddy and bumpy, it even had a small steep hill which was breathtaking, literally. Miss Timmi started time trials for her leaderboard and timed each of us. Only two made it on the leaderboard. Hunter with 28s NEW CAMP RECORD. And me with 36s tied in third place with my best friend Freedom!


Yr 8 camp is a definite must-go. We learnt how to work as a team while having heaps of fun!


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Toby,

    It sounds like you had a blast at camp! I am so happy to see you pointing out how important it is to try new things - you might surprise yourself!

    ReplyDelete